23 May 2014

Mini retreat at Bintan

Sidetrack to a couple of weeks back, I headed over for a retreat at Bintan. I actually bought this package nearly a year back and I'm glad that I finally got the chance to utilize it.

Too much barangs I know



We took a short 1 hour ferry ride and was received by a chauffeur from our accommodation to fetch us to our villa.

Was greeted by this lovely sight once we were out of the ferry terminal

There was a diver who was on board on the car with us, he mentioned that the haze that we were experiencing in Singapore was actually partly contributed by Bintan Island. Just look at those burnt trees!







And finally we reached! Here's our lunch; hotplate tofu, sambal kangkong, seafood soup and salted fish fried rice, All for Two! 


One of the hut shown on the above is where we were staying

Royal Ocean Villa

The outdoor area

We then headed for our spa

The room

Which shows a sea view

Had a brief foot scrub

60 minutes worth of traditional massage


Went for a walk after the spa session when the tide was still low


And i made my way to the opposite island that is just across

We then arranged to go for the mangrove and fireflies tour after taking close to an hour nap back at our resort.



Kelongs

Gorgeous view captured

And when the sun sets

No pictures on our fireflies tour as my iphone couldnt capture it at all. The photos turn out to be pitch black.
We were all famished by the time we headed back to the resort thus we ordered steamboat (accompanied with a bottle of wine we bought at DFS)  and

Seafood spread! Greedy us, I know! 

After which, we headed back to our resort, continued drinking and headed back to bed. We wanted to catch the sunrise at first, but we failed to wake up. In actual fact, we only woke up by the call of the receptionist who wakes us up for our buffet breakfast.
 Morning view


And what's next?!

Jacuzzi time!




Chilling by the sea during a stormy day, with a can of beer = Life :)

After which, we headed back to washup, had our complimentary lunch, extended our checkout timing to 6pm and headed back to take a nap.



I wasn't quite feeling the best of mood then but I'm glad this retreat allows me to leave my place to do some thinkings of my own. Away from the buildings, the noises, just serenity. A great short escape I had experienced. Now, I'm thinking perhaps I should go onto a solo trip on my own?!

No comments:

Post a Comment